Frank Miller em um fórum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Hora
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Miller em um fórum

Estava olhando esse site a respeito do cachaça Miller, http://moebiusgraphics.com/ (muito bom aliás), quando me deparei com esse tópico no fórum deles: http://www.moebiusgraphics.com/phpBB...t=1533&start=0

Aparentemente o próprio Chicão deu as caras por lá, falou sobre projetos futuros e respondeu algumas perguntas. As respostas do suposto Miller seguem abaixo:

Postado originalmente por Frank Miller
    A friend recently introduced me to this site, so it seems a good idea to get acquainted. I'm very impressed: you seem like a very smart group. Impressed, and, of course, flattered that my work is your subject.

Just to catch you up, I'm plowing my way through drawing what will be hundreds of storyboards for the SPIRIT movie, and preparing for the move to New Mexico, where we will start shooting October 7. The cast is almost all chosen, and things are looking good for this labor of love to be one I'll be proud to put my name on. I'll resume my long-delayed HOLY TERROR graphic novel early next year, and can't wait to show you the new places my art is going. Somewhere in all of this I'll enjoy a vacation somewhere.

I'm grateful for the concern expressed about my health. I did, in fact, suffer a very rough patch last year and looked it. Happily, that crisis is long past, and I'm enjoying that wonderful period where friends welcome me with a "you look great!".

Also, I'd like to clear one thing up. I'm not a Ditko-style hermit. My Green Mountain background just makes me quite reticent to discuss personal issues in any public forum. That hardly stops me from having a big mouth, as many of you know.

I look forward to checking in on this site from time to time, and will be happy to answer questions and argue points.

Thanks for being here,

FM

1) What are your favorite topics here in the forum?
    2) Who are your mentors and what did they teach you?
    3) Is Elektra dead? I mean, really defunct?

1]Heck, I just got here.
    2]Will Eisner, for all our friendship and our 25-year argument about how comics work and why they exist.
    Neal Adams, for kicking my ass every whichway, and showing me how hard drawing is, and most of all, for showing me that the comics craft wasworthy of respect.
    Robert Rodriguez, who dragged me kicking and screaming back into the movie biz and taught me that storytelling is storytelling, whatever the tools.

FM

Oops. Left out Evie's last question.

Elektra is DEAD. Way dead. All the way dead. She died in Matt's arms, after Bullseye skewered her. Her "resurrection" after Matt's effort was spiritual, not corporeal. In the Graphic Novel, it was revealed that she was trapped in an unending purgatory by Matt's obsession with her. In fact, living Matt was HAUNTING dead Elektra, keeping her from her final rest. Only when he accepted the finality of her death was her soul released.

No story written since featuring a character named Elektra is legit.

Which was your favorite project to work on?
    300. Best story I ever encountered. And I loved the movie.

Shows what a different ball game you're in when you OWN the stuff. You've got a CHANCE at something good.

FM

Frank Miller é o maior ... chupem detratores.
    Isso é só uma brincadeira ...

Comment

Não é ele...
      Seu Cuca é eu!

Comment

Eu esperaria mais agressividade, esse Frank Miller do fórum tá muito bundão. Mas bem bacana, mesmo um Frank Miller FAKE é melhor que todos os outros escritores de gibi juntos.
        Inscreva-se na ALMANACÃO, minha newsletter sobre quadrinhos > http://eepurl.com/b3_M4v

Comment

É um Skrull!!!
          I'm baaack!

Comment

Vai saber se é o verdadeiro ou não... Não é impossível que seja, até porque o site é muito bom e poderia mesmo atrair a atenção dele. Por outro lado, algum espertinho pode muito bem estar se fazendo passar por ele.

Enfim, um post do Miller (?) a respeito de Spirit o filme:
            I can't wait to see The Spirit...

Do you think that the Spirit is more of a catalyst for the other characters that populate the book? Like Superman, we know that the Spirit is never REALLY going to fall into the vat of boiling acid and die.

Dont get me wrong. I think the Spirit is a charming, interesting character but isnt he a bit of a McGuffin? A human plot device? The least colorful person in his own eponymous stories?

And if you will permit me one brief, geeky question:

When you script a film or a book, do you come up with a really good ending first? Do you plot everything in advance or just dive right in?
            I actually find the Spirit himself quite fascinating. I've explored his origin and relationship to the Octopus to form major components of the story. Much of this work is my own--the task of taking such short-story material and weaving it into a cinematic whole has required some expansion and revision of Eisner's canon. I think you'll find my interpretation quite faithful, though.

I always come up with the ending first. Always. Then I set out "landmarks" to hit. The opening comes last. Then the real fun begins as the characters take over, often moving landmarks, creating new ones, or eliminating some altogether.

The movie proceeds apace. I've completed about 100 or so storyboards. I'm having a ball!

FM

Comment

[hide:593dae444e][/hide:593dae444e]

Comment

Clone ou não, Frank Miller é foda!
                THE TRUTH IS STILL OUT THERE...

Comment

Mesmo se o Miller fizer uma enorme cagada com o Spirit ainda será infinitamente superior àquela palhaçada mensal do Darwyn Cooke...

Comment

As histórias do Cooke não estão boas não? Que pena. Achava que poderia sair algo interessante.

Comment

Postado originalmente por Muddy
                      As histórias do Cooke não estão boas não? Que pena. Achava que poderia sair algo interessante.
                      Ele não estava inovando em nada, só "atualizando" umas historinhas com moral dúbia e designs 100% convencionais. Não chegava nem aos pés do que o Gibbons ou o Daniel Torres fizeram em "As novas aventuras do Spirit", aquele título da Kitchen Sink que durou umas 7 edições.

Mas felizmente ele se mancou que não estava à altura da obra do Eisner e já jogou a toalha.

Comment

A revista foi cancelada então? Ou alguém vai entrar no lugar do Cooke?

Comment

Postado originalmente por Muddy
                          A revista foi cancelada então? Ou alguém vai entrar no lugar do Cooke?
                          Sérgio Aragonés assumirá os roteiros a partir da edição 13. Ainda não anunciaram o nome do novo desenhista.

http://www.universohq.com/quadrinhos...9092007_07.cfm

Comment

Working...
                          X