Anúncio

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEROES CON/WW PHILLY '07: MARVEL: Invasão de Simbiontes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Hora
  • Show
Clear All

• HEROES CON/WW PHILLY '07: MARVEL: Invasão de Simbiontes?

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=116780

[hide:492a3abe2c]
    HEROES CON/WW PHILLY '07: STEVE WACKER ON AMAZING SPIDER-MAN THREE TIMES A MONTH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So – what comes after One More Day?

Sting knows: “Brand New Day.”

Answering a lot of questions about what’s to come with Spider-Man, Marvel has announced that “One More Day” will be the overarching title for the storyline following the upcoming One More Day storyline, and – on top of that, Amazing Spider-Man will move to shipping three times a month, starting later this year.

But – if you follow Amazing editor Steve Wacker’s comments on Newsarama, you already knew that, didn’t you?

We spoke with Wacker.

Newsarama: Let's start at the start Steve - basically, just define this for us - when we've talked to you in the recent months about what your future looks like at Marvel, your usual refrain was "Amazing, Amazing, Amazing." You were chuckling to yourself about how witty you were when you'd write that, weren't you?

Steve Wacker: Matt, you have long been the dog to my Pavlov. Nothing makes me happier at the end of a long day “editing” then to sit with my children and invent new ways to lead you and your internet-ian lackeys through my mental hula hoops.

So yes, "Amazing. Amazing. Amazing." was my big clue to the 3-times per month shipping.

Here’s a clue to my next big project: Heart attack. Heart attack. Heart attack.

NRAMA: Health concerns aside for a moment - let's talk about the larger picture here - the viability of increasing the frequency of a series. Obviously, there's a lesson from 52 here, what is it? Just simply, that the audience will support a weekly, or "increased frequency" series?

SW: This idea of upping the frequency on Spidey predates me or 52 (and as most everyone knows, it’s pretty much how the Superman books were run from the late ‘80s to mid ‘90s). From what I understand, implementing this plan on Spidey began getting talked about a few years back. Apparently it didn’t get too far beyond a suggestion since people were so happy with JMS on the main book. So the idea sort of simmered for awhile.

With the creative change on Amazing, I suppose it just seemed like the right time to give it a shot.

NRAMA: What do you think is key in the appeal of increasing the frequency? The pace of the storytelling can't be the same as a monthly series, can it?

SW: No way. It’s a weird conundrum (and thank you to comic books for adding that word to my vocabulary in 1981!): you have more pages than you can reasonably fill in time allowed and you still end up with not enough pages! Plus you’re never as far ahead as it seems because every solicitation cycle eats up three more issues in your drawer. From an editorial standpoint, I hate these things!

Pacing wise, it allows you to deal with subplots differently because while you may not see a supporting character for 5 issues, it’s really only a little over a month of actual time.

NRAMA: Let’s hit the basics of what this entails - what does this entail? Amazing Spider-Man is moving to three times a month shipping?

SW: Yes. We already have three Spider-Man monthlies, so the page amount is the same if you’re reading all the Spidey books already - and if you’re not, we’re going to work our Axels off to make it worth your while.

NRAMA: Who are/how are the creative teams organized?

SW: The new creators have laid out about a year’s worth of story arcs for Peter Parker and the cast. Over that, they’re coming up with stories that will move the uber-plot along, so that each story has the same writing and art team and no one is left writing Part 3 of some else’s story.

In other words, if I gather where you’re headed, (which believe me ain’t too tough, Bob Woodward!), it’s not the same way 52 was set up with everyone essentially working on every issue.

NRAMA: Got it. But what happens during that four, or sometimes fifth week in the month?

SW: I edit She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, World War Hulk: Frontline, Iron Man: Mandarin, Captain Marvel, several Spider-Man specials, and a another still-secret Spider-Man book. Plus several not-announced projects and trying to take credit for any other good stuff coming out at Marvel I may not be aware of.

Oh, and then I read Newsarama to get a quick overview of everything I’m doing wrong.

NRAMA: Are Friendly Neighborhod Spider-Man and Spectacular going to continue with this change?

SW: Nope. Like Shogun Warriors, like Defenders, like Camp Candy before them…all good comics must end.

I was skeptical, but the numbers bear it out that Amazing is the “main” book to most readers and the feeling is that the important Spider-man stuff happens between its covers. Certainly history backs that up too, from Peter Parker to Team-Up to Web of…… No matter how good the creators and stories might be on the supporting books, when forced to choose, most readers lean towards Amazing.

NRAMA: You've always contended that you didn't come to Marvel to start up a weekly comic after being involved with 52 at DC - but was this something that was mentioned as a carrot of sorts (if producing weekly comics are a carrot to anyone, that is...) when you were in early discussions with Marvel?

SW: I knew it was Spider-Man that I’d get, but I don’t believe I knew about the publishing plan. I may be wrong though, at the time I was caught up in a great Newsarama thread about what a tool I am!

This is such a different creative set-up and Marvel makes books so differently, that I’m not sure if my prior experience helps or not.

NRAMA: Production and scheduling-wise...is this similar to how you ran 52? What's different? What's the same?

SW: Here’s one difference: the 52 gang pretty much already knew each other by time I got involved. The new Spider-Man writers were all pretty much strangers, I believe. Not sure if one s better than the other, but it’s different.

How I run my desk is pretty similar. I have my three ring binders and 3-hole punch at the ready to put any script or art that comes in so I can look at stuff at a quick glance. My assistant Tom Brennan just started, but he’s learning how to traffic stuff around the office electronically which was (and is still) a huge learning curve for me.

The writers and I (with Brevoort) have a phone call every few weeks to see where we are.

Ahh who we kiddin’, Brady. No one cares about the nuts and bolts! They want to hear about the sexy stuff like why Andy Schmidt really left or Peter David’s 4th nipple. (S’true)

NRAMA: Okay – some of that sounds truly disturbing…but pulling you back to production…in terms of a mechanism and "machine," once this is started, there's no...stopping it, really, is there? That is, to do this, you're committed all or nothing, right?

SW: I sure as hell am. Marvel is already setup to work close to the bone, so I don’t know that anyone’ll notice we’re doing a book three times a month. The efficiency of the in-house production crew here can’t be overstated. They’re already set up for war, so this hasn’t fazed anyone yet.

Will it end? Who knows? We’re going to do our part to make sure no one wants it to end.

NRAMA: In your view, why now for this? Is there something going on with Spider-Man that makes this time work best for this change in frequency than another?

SW: There’s nothing inherent to One More Day that makes this a necessity, if that’s what you mean. In other words, Peter doesn’t come out at the end swearing to only appear in Amazing or anything like that.

I think, given what the Joes are doing in their story coupled with the fact Joe S. is leaving, it probably just smelled like the right time to try something big. The spotlight moves around the different families of books a lot at Marvel, and since the unmasking Spidey’s gotten a good share of it. Before the spotligh moves to other areas, we think it’s a good idea to take a chance.

I guess you could just go back to the regular books, but it feels to me like it would have been a missed opportunity.

Oh and plus after OMD, with a newly de-aged Aunt May rooming with Pete and Weapon MJ being tracked by Tigertooth…oops I’ve said too much.

NRAMA: Perhaps you have…

Obviously, for readers and fans, they're getting the biggest upside here, in terms of more Spider-Man. What's the upside for you/Marvel? Obviously, and ideally, increased sales, but from an editorial point of view – what’s the benefit of more stories?

Speaking for me, the best part is more room for Peter Parker. Everyone involved in the new stuff feels that this is really Peter’s story, not Spider-Man. Seems like a crazy distinction, but it’s really the secret to the character. We could go an entire issue without seeing Spider-Man and I’m not sure anyone would notice.

With the increased frequency, we’ll get to see more of him and still get plenty of Spider-Man vs. Weapon MJ action.

NRAMA: Stop that.

SW: Never. Additionally, I’m getting to work with a slew of Marvel’s best artists (who we’ll announce later, impatient ones). Like Batman, Spider-Man is such a great character to interpret and the creation lends itself to a vast variety of styles. I like comics for the constant variations in flavors I can get in any one month. This is going to scratch that itch for me a lot.

NRAMA: What are the pitfalls? From your experience, where are the places that you already know need to be watched for signs of weakness/scheduling, etc?

SW: It all starts falling apart if the scripts fall behind. Those 22 pages of idea-mortar are your first line of defense and if it goes away, staying on schedule is like climbing Jacob’s Ladder (if Jacob’s Ladder is what I think it is: one of those annoying wooden things where the top keeps flipping down…I could look it up , but wow, look at the cool ad for 40% off my comics! I need that! Plus look at that Mary Jane statue!! Don’t worry, Newsarama, I’m stayin’!)

NRAMA: Okay. So - what do the storylines look like for the first few weeks? Will the FCBD issue's story be followed up upon in Amazing?

SW: Mums the word for now, but look for a lot of new challenges for Pete and his family.

And, yes, some elements of the FCBD story will be followed up on in Amazing.
    [/hide:492a3abe2c]
    AMAZING SPIDERMAN 3 X NO Mês... NO MESMO ESQUEMA DE 52...

FRIENDLY E SPECTACULAR CANCELADAS!

http://www.mbbforum.com/mbb/viewtopi...=4782&start=50

http://twitter.com/adailtonba2

Comment

Comment

3 vezes mais chance de Ben Reilly voltar!!! Numeração de Amazing subindo rapidamente!!!

[hide:023dc704ed]Na verdade as chances continuam as mesmas, visto que as outras revistas foram canceladas...[/hide:023dc704ed]

Comment

Postado originalmente por M1ster
          http://www.mbbforum.com/mbb/viewtopic.php?t=4782&start=50
          Não mestre... Esta é da Nova saga pós-one more day...

Brand New Day

Comment

E não sei se vcs repararam na capa divulgada sobre essa nova fase,mas a capa era desenhada pelo Steve McNiven.
            Travis Charest ja disse q vai fazer capas(q o Quesada disse q seriam Amazing),Phil Jimenes confirmado e agora McNiven.Na parte de desenhos o titulo vai ta bem servido.
            fotografia é desenho de luz

Comment

TERRY MOORE EM MJ!

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=116749

[hide:3cb8c70dc0]
              HEROES CON/WW PHILLY '07: TERRY MOORE ON SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Vaneta Rogers

When Sean McKeever announced earlier this year that he'd signed a DC exclusive, fans of the Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane series he has written for Marvel since its beginnings were distressed to think of the title in another writer's hands -- or, perhaps worse, ending altogether.

Tucked into its own unique universe, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane has found an audience of loyal readers -- of all ages, as intended -- who follow the title's monthly look at the drama-filled high school life of Peter Parker, Mary Jane Watson and their circle of teenage friends.

As McKeever's final issue #20 looms in the series' future, word comes that Marvel has tapped creator Terry Moore to take over as writer. Best known as the writer/artist of his self-published title Strangers in Paradise, which just ended this week at Issue #90, Moore seems like a good fit for the title because his own series had a lot of similar romantic drama and the same type of character-focused storylines. According to the publisher, the series will start with a new #1 later this year. No artist has been announced as of yet.

While there have been hints that Moore will be writing more than one Marvel title, the creator says he isn't allowed to give details about what else he might have coming for the publisher. But as Newsarama talked to him about his work on Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, we did find out that his fans might see an independent comic drawn and written by the creator sometime later this year that he's tentatively calling Motorgirl.

Newsarama: How did you get this job on Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane?

Terry Moore: Well, when I knew that I was getting close to the end of Strangers In Paradise, I made a call over to Marvel and asked Joe Quesada if they had any projects for me, that I could do since I was going to have all this free time on my hands. And he came back and suggested this book. And I thought, "Wow! Yeah! I like that!"

NRAMA: Had you read the book before or did you go look at it after Joe suggested it?

TM: I had not read the book before, but I was aware of it. I had seen those beautiful Mike Mayhew illustrations on the front of the novels that had been done. So I was aware of the Mary Jane title after that. I knew that it was an all ages title and kind of manga looking, but I have to confess, I hadn't read it yet.

So when Joe said, "Check this out because I think you might like it." I did. I went out and got them all and read it. And I thought it was pretty cool. I see the point of it.

NRAMA: The point? What is that point and why did it draw you in to this project?

TM: I liked the fact that there's a title in the Spider-Man family that is approachable for new readers, and is accessible to younger kids and to girls. I think some of the more gritty, mainstream titles may be off-putting to new readers and parents of young teens. You need something like this to complete the line.

And I have to confess, I found the whole aspect of it very charming, that it focused on the kids in school. What I liked about the original Spider-Man stories was that they really focused on Peter
              Parker and his friendships and his trials at home and in school, and oh yeah, he did this other thing too. So Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane is the closest thing to the original Spider-Man I've seen in years.

That's what I liked.

NRAMA: What do you, as a writer, bring to the project, and why do you think your style fits the title?

TM: Well, all I care about as a writer is the story of people. For me as a writer, and as a person, I am more interested in what it takes for people to wake up every morning and find their enthusiasm and get through the day. And I'm really interested in the personal battles that every person has, to be the best they can or to try to reach out and start a relationship or keep a relationship with somebody else who has their own hands full.

And I think it's maybe never more confusing than when you're a teenager. So it's fascinating to go back and put your mind back in that place, and to put myself in the shoes of Peter Parker and Mary Jane, Liz, Flash and Harry. To just put myself in their place and see what it takes for them to get up every day and go to Midtown High in Queens and do the best they can. Of course, Peter has a special set of problems.

But I found it fascinating as a writer. That's what I'm interested in. I care a lot more and am more interested in that than what the Secret Service is doing or World War Five or you know... [laughs]

NRAMA: [laughs] Well, that's a lot of what Strangers in Paradise focused upon -- the people. There were some pretty wild plot twists here and there, but do you see Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane as a similar "type" of title to Strangers in Paradise?

TM: I think it has a kindred spirit in the fact that it's a story that really focuses on people. And again, it's normal people in extraordinary circumstances. How could you not be interested what happens to these kids considering what's going on around them? They live in a city of supervillains and grown-ups doing incredibly weird things, and here's Parker, about 15 years old, and he gets up the courage to commute to Midtown and then go take these guys on. And then comes back at night to Queens to talk to his friends and try to sort out something of a personal life. It's just a great contrast.

When I first discovered Spider-Man when I was about the age of Parker himself, I thought, "Man, I can relate to this." And I still can, all these years later. It's easy to put myself back in that place. Their whole world is their neighborhood and their school, you know? So these things are really important to them, how they sort it out, and the emotions are intense.

[continued...]

Newsarama's coverage of the 2007 Heroes Con & Wizardworld: Philadelphia is brought to you by GameAlmighty.com - "Truth, Justice, and Videogames by the only website run by superheroes"...

NRAMA: While the title has a lot of male readers, it's specifically aimed toward a young female reader, and while Peter Parker is a main character, it really focuses on that young teenage girl named Mary Jane Watson. And you've always, through Strangers in Paradise, been cited as a writer who could find the voice of women and seemed to be
              able to write women well. Do you think that's one of your strengths and something in particular that you bring to this title? And if so, why? Why are you so good at writing women?

TM: You know, that's always been something I've felt a little self-conscious claiming. It's not something I brag about because I don't know how to defend it. But you're right: For the last 14 years, the feedback I get is, "Gosh, you're writing good women characters." How I do that? I just don't know. I don't know how I sit down and write a song.

I just sit down and write about the internal people before you put the skin on. Everybody's kind of the same inside. And then you have to factor in what they're dealing with, whether they're male or female or what their accent is or whatever. So I think if you just write about the spirit first, and then drape them in skin and put all those problems on top of it, that's been my approach. That's how I figure it out.

NRAMA: Do you think fans of Strangers in Paradise might follow you to this project?

TM: I hope so.

NRAMA: Do you think they'd enjoy it?

TM: I think they would because I think easily half my readers on Strangers in Paradise were women. And of course, Spider-Man loves Mary Jane has a focal point of Mary Jane. I see it as a very easy transition for me to go from writing about Francine, Katchoo and Casey to going and writing about Mary Jane and Liz.

NRAMA: Yeah! Liz has a little Katchoo in her, doesn't she? [laughs]

TM: Oh yeah! Oh yeah! [laughs]

NRAMA: That fiery temper!

TM: Exactly. The characters are so diverse and so easily defined. I really think Sean McKeever's done a great job of setting them up in their own time and place and defining them at their ages, at that point. I really respect what he's done. I intend to maintain the atmosphere and tone of the series that he's established. The book has very strong fans already, so I'm sure that when I go in, people will be watching to make sure I don't go in and just wreck everything Sean set up.

NRAMA: That was going to be the next question. "Are you going to change anything?"

TM: No! I don't plan on going in and turning anything upside down. I love the series, and what I would like to do is continue in the sprit that Sean has established and continue to entertain readers -- and hopefully introduce some fun surprises.

NRAMA: Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane doesn't follow the continuity of 616 to the letter. But Sean does insert these little nods to the past of Spider-Man, with old, rarely seen Spider-Man villains and characters showing up, like Big Wheel -- and even Gwen Stacy and Firestar have been added to the cast. You said you started reading Spider-Man when you were really young, so are you hoping to keep the same kind of quirky nods to the past or did you have something else in mind that you'd like to bring to the comic?

TM: Well, that's one of the things I found charming about the series. Because it's technically the early part of Spidey's career, obviously, you can go back and use some of those villains that were actually kind of fun. There was one villain that I remember being so goofy back in the '60s. I think he was called The Frog or something Frog-Man, and he just had springs on his feet [laughs] and that was his power! He robbed banks and bounced away and I thought that was just the dorkiest thing I'd ever seen!

NRAMA: [laughs] Does that mean he's going to show up in Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane?

TM: [laughs] If nothing else, just to bounce around in the background of one panel! I mean, [laughs] what other title would give that poor guy another shot?

I like the fact that, in this title, Spider-Man can go and fight these guys -- and as a 15-year-old kid, half of it's fun for him -- and this is one title where you won't find people in the emergency
              room at the end of the day. It's not so serious, with heavy consequences, and I like that.

NRAMA: When you take over Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, are you going to pick up where Sean left off? Will it be, like, the next day?

TM: Well, I think it's safe to say there might be a little bit of time lapsed between Sean's last arc and when I pick up, and when we rejoin them, they'll be in the middle of a moving train. And I'll figure it out from there.

NRAMA: Will there be new numbering when you take over?

TM: I believe, last time I was talking to the guys at the office, they weren't sure if they were going to start with a new number 1 to separate the story arcs or just continue from Sean's last issue, which is #20.

NRAMA: Any word yet on the artist?

TM: We don't know who's going to be drawing it yet, so we'll see.

NRAMA: You're going to be just writing as opposed to writing and drawing, which you did with Strangers in Paradise. You're not walking away from your art, are you? Are you going to be drawing something somewhere?

TM: I will. I don't know what it will be yet. Obviously, drawing is what takes all the time. So I'm glad to be able to write this, because I wanted to do something after Strangers in Paradise that was a total change of pace but still comfortable to me. This really fit the bill. But that does leave me free to get in trouble with some drawing commitment somewhere, so I'm still trying to figure that one out.

NRAMA: I'm sure your fans will hope to see you somewhere.

TM: I plan on it. If nothing else, I plan to start another independent series at the end of the year. There's an idea that I've been batting around among my friends and I'm trying to refine it, so there's definitely another series in me somewhere.

NRAMA: I think you had mentioned something to me once about a sci-fi idea. Do I remember that right?

TM: Well, yeah! There was originally a sci-fi story. I still kind of have that around. I was making notes about that last night.

NRAMA: Ah ha! Is that what we'll see next?

TM: I don't know if that will be the next one. There's a really strong competitor -- another story that is a lot more accessible, I think, to people. It's in development. It's called Motorgirl for right now. That's the working title. But I don't have any announcements on it yet. It's just something I'm working on.
              [/hide:3cb8c70dc0]

Comment

Postado originalmente por RED SON
                Postado originalmente por M1ster
                http://www.mbbforum.com/mbb/viewtopic.php?t=4782&start=50
                Não mestre... Esta é da Nova saga pós-one more day...

Brand New Day
                caralho, espero que isso seja FODA, pq o nome da saga tem peso.
                espero que dêem um jeito no homem aranha.
                eu tenho fé

Comment

- Angel: Revelations, de Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa e Adam Pollina, uma mini de 5 edições sobre Warren Worthington.

- Marvel Comics Presents volta em Setembro...
                  Esta trará várias histórias e uma pequena mini de uma equipe que se junta para seguir a tradição do Capitão América...

- Novos arcos Ultimate: "Death of a Goblin" em Ultimate Spider-Man e "Sentinels" em Ultimate X-Men.

- Mini Penance: Relentless por Paul Jenkins e Paul Gulacy em Setembro...

- Who Can You Trust? (Em que você pode confiar?), arco dos Skrulls começa em New Avengers #34... Aquela da capa com os personagens alternativos... (Caps, Luke de tiara, Aranha/Petey, Demolidor de Tetas...)

- J. MICHAEL STRACKZINSKY, além do trabalho de Thor está trabalhando em uma mini sigilosa de 12 partes...

- O Aranha volta ao traje clássico em Setembro...

- Sobre a tramóia Skrull, Quesada falou que está cedo demais para falar mais profundamente. Ele usou a história da volta de Thor como exemplo... (A queda do Martelo no título do Quarteto)

- A equipe criativa da mini do capitão Marvel, a data de lançamento de Ultimates V3, a equipe criativa de Astonishing X-Men e os planos para Runaways serão anunciadas na convenção de São Diego...

-

Comment

Capa de Trevis Chareste para a nova fase de Amazing Spiderman BrandNewDay...

[hide:48881dbfa1][/hide:48881dbfa1]

Capa de Ironman: Enter the Mandarin #1

Capa de Iron Fist Annual #1

Capa de Moon Knight #13

Capa de Nova #06

Capa da mini do Penence #1

Capa de Punisher #11... Confronto de Winter Soldier/Bucky e Punisher/Frank Castle...

Comment

Cara, muito foda. Quando lançaram 52 eu pensei 'imagina que massa se cancelassem as outras revistas do Aranha e levassem Amazing como se fosse um seriado'. Sou melhor que o Canibal.
                      Inscreva-se na ALMANACÃO, minha newsletter sobre quadrinhos > http://eepurl.com/b3_M4v

Comment

Po Fiduma, poe em hide essa merda que ninguem le isso nao.

- O Aranha volta ao traje clássico em Setembro...
                        Por essa eu nao esperava.

Que novidades fraquinhas.

Comment

Capa de Trevis Chareste para a nova fase de Amazing Spiderman BrandNewDay...

[hide:54e3446400][/hide:54e3446400]
                          Essa capa é do Steve Mcniven....

Comment

Mais:

http://www.newsarama.com/heroes_phil...at/bendis.html

- Depois do arco The Death of Goblin, Bendis vai introduzir a Ultimate Firestar e vai criar o arco ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN AND THE AMAZING FRIENDS!
                            - Bendis está trabalhando em ULTIMATE ORIGIN, como NICK FURY ULTIMATE e que vai mostrar as origens do universo Ultimate...

Planeta dos Simbiontes 2?...

Comment

Send down the firewalker
                              Send down the neon priest
                              Send down the junky doctor
                              Send down the shadow king
                              Down through the heart of the city at night
                              In black and white

Comment

Working...
                              X